ENGLISH, ENGLISH, ENGLISH is very important
ENGLISH EXAM PREREQUISITES:
From the Guidelines of the Language Study Manual
When should the OPIc be administered?
Missionaries are eligible to take the test when they have completed the following:
1. Complete all of the 25 modules in Book 1 and Book 2.
2. Complete all of the module exams in Book 1 and Book 2.
3. Receive a score of 30 or more on each module exam and a cumulative score of 750 or more.
4. Study, fill in, and practice the entire Basic Grammar text.
5. Master the usage and pronunciation of the 53 common verbs in the appendix of Book 1 and the vocabulary found in the appendix of Book 2.
Ideally, the OPIc should be taken after the missionary has had sufficient time to practice and review the Final Preparation Sheet.
What if a missionary does not finish the modules before going home?
Missionaries have up to one year after returning home to complete the modules and take the OPIc exam. The exam should be scheduled and taken at the Mission Office nearest their home.